This section contains the complete content of the Book of 1 John with numbers, chapters and text of individual verses from the King James Bible Online (KJV). Free, online access to study passages and verses contained in the chapters and verses of the Book of 1 John for Bible Study or Sunday School lessons. Click the links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of 1 John:
The Book of 1 John
King James Bible Online (KJV)
Chapters and Verses
1 John: Chapter 1 >>>
Summary of the Book of 1 John - The King James Bible Online (KJV)
The content of the Book of 1 John according to the King James Bible Online (KJV) contains a short overview of the main subjects, people, events and ancient topics in the following summary of this Book in the Holy Bible:
- 1 John is book number 62 of the Bible and number 23 of the New Testament. It contains 5 chapters
- The First Epistle of John is traditionally held to have been composed by John the Evangelist, at Ephesus
- What is the meaning of 'epistle'? Epistle is derived from the Greek word 'epistolē' meaning "letter." An espistle is a long, formal letter of sacred character
- The New Testament contains 22 epistles written by Saints Paul, Peter, John, and others, that were addressed to Christian churches scattered throughout the Roman Empire.
- The same vein of divine love and charity towards our neighbour, which runs throughout the Gospel written by the disciple and Evangelist, St. John, is found also in his Epistles.
- He confirms the two principal mysteries of faith: The mystery of the Trinity and the mystery of the incarnation of Jesus Christ the Son of God.
- The sublimity and excellence of the evangelical doctrine he declares: And this commandment we have from God, that he, who loveth God, love also his brother (chapter 4:21).
- And again: For this is the charity of God, that we keep his commandments, and: His commandments are not heavy (chapter 5:3). He shows how to distinguish the children of God from those of the devil: marks out those who should be called Antichrists: describes the turpitude and gravity of sin.
- Finally, he shows how the sinner may hope for pardon. It was written, sixty-six years after the Ascension.
Use this short summary information for an on line Bible study course or biblical studies. This overview, or summary, is also very useful for Sunday School lessons and Bible Study at home.
1 John -
The following verses from the Book of 1 John prompts the most interest from readers of Online Bibles and possibly of interest to people who are taking an on line Bible Study course or undertaking general Biblical studies or Bible study at home:
The above links provide instant access to the verses of particular interest from the Book of 1 John. We hope that these references prove helpful to readers of the Bible and those who are taking an on line Bible Study course or undertaking Bible study at home.
The Book of 1 John
We hope that you find the complete content of the 1 John helpful to your Bible studies and for references which allow you to read the books and individual verses of the Book of 1 John. The Book of 1 John offers free, online access to study passages, for Biblical studies, contained in the words, text and verses of the scripture.
Personal Bibles for Biblical Studies
Online Bibles are an excellent resource, especially for online Bible study courses, but everyone appreciates their own Personal Bibles for Biblical Studies. There are numerous Bibles for sale and if you are looking to buy Bibles as gifts, or for taking Bible study courses, there are many to choose from including Childrens Bibles, NIV Bibles, KJV Bibles, NKJV Bibles and new King James Bibles. There are even large print Bibles and Family Bibles including some beautiful Children's Bibles.
Click one of the following links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of 1 John: