This section contains the complete content of the Book of 2 Thessalonians with numbers, chapters and text of individual verses from the King James Bible Online (KJV). Free, online access to study passages and verses contained in the chapters and verses of the Book of 2 Thessalonians for Bible Study or Sunday School lessons. Click the links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of 2 Thessalonians:
The Book of 2 Thessalonians
King James Bible Online (KJV)
Chapters and Verses
2 Thessalonians: Chapter 1 >>>
Summary of the Book of 2 Thessalonians - The King James Bible Online (KJV)
The content of the Book of 2 Thessalonians according to the King James Bible Online (KJV) contains a short overview of the main subjects, people, events and ancient topics in the following summary of this Book in the Holy Bible:
- 2 Thessalonians is book number 53 of the Bible and number 14 of the New Testament. It contains 3 chapters
- 2 Thessalonians was a letter (Epistle) written to the people of Thessalonica by
- The Epistles were letters of instruction and doctrine by Peter, Paul, John and others to the early, newly established churches
- Thessalonica was the capital of Macedonia, in which Paul, having preached the Gospel, converted some Jews and a great number of the Gentiles: but the unbelieving Jews, envying his success, raised such a commotion against him that he, and his companion, Sylvanus were obliged to quit the city.
- Afterwards he went to Athens, where he heard that the converts in Thessalonica were under a severe persecution, ever since his departure; and lest they should lose their fortitude, he sent Timothy to strengthen and comfort them in their sufferings.
- Paul wrote this second Epistle to the Thessalonians in the nineteenth year after the Ascension
- In his second Epistle Paul admonishes the Thessalonians to be constant in the faith of Christ and not to be terrified by the insinuations of false teachers telling them that the day of judgment was near at hand, as there must come many signs and wonders before it.
- He bids them to hold firm the traditions received from him, whether by word, or by epistle, and shows them how they may be certain of his letters by the manner he writes.
Use this short summary information for an on line Bible study course or biblical studies. This overview, or summary, is also very useful for Sunday School lessons and Bible Study at home.
The following verses from the Book of 2 Thessalonians prompts the most interest from readers of Online Bibles and possibly of interest to people who are taking an on line Bible Study course or undertaking general Biblical studies or Bible study at home:
The above links provide instant access to the verses of particular interest from the Book of 2 Thessalonians. We hope that these references prove helpful to readers of the Bible and those who are taking an on line Bible Study course or undertaking Bible study at home.
The Book of 2 Thessalonians
We hope that you find the complete content of the 2 Thessalonians helpful to your Bible studies and for references which allow you to read the books and individual verses of the Book of 2 Thessalonians. The Book of 2 Thessalonians offers free, online access to study passages, for Biblical studies, contained in the words, text and verses of the scripture.
Personal Bibles for Biblical Studies
Online Bibles are an excellent resource, especially for online Bible study courses, but everyone appreciates their own Personal Bibles for Biblical Studies. There are numerous Bibles for sale and if you are looking to buy Bibles as gifts, or for taking Bible study courses, there are many to choose from including Childrens Bibles, NIV Bibles, KJV Bibles, NKJV Bibles and new King James Bibles. There are even large print Bibles and Family Bibles including some beautiful Children's Bibles.
Click one of the following links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of 2 Thessalonians: