This section contains the complete content of the Book of 2 Timothy with numbers, chapters and text of individual verses from the King James Bible Online (KJV). Free, online access to study passages and verses contained in the chapters and verses of the Book of 2 Timothy for Bible Study or Sunday School lessons. Click the links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of 2 Timothy:
The Book of 2 Timothy
King James Bible Online (KJV)
Chapters and Verses
2 Timothy: Chapter 1 >>>
Summary of the Book of 2 Timothy - The King James Bible Online (KJV)
The content of the Book of 2 Timothy according to the King James Bible Online (KJV) contains a short overview of the main subjects, people, events and ancient topics in the following summary of this Book in the Holy Bible:
- 2 Timothy is book number 55 of the Bible and number 16 of the New Testament. It contains 4 chapters
- 2 Timothy was a letter (Epistle) written by Saint Paul to the Bishop of Ephesus called Timothy
- The Epistles were letters of instruction and doctrine by Peter, Paul, John and others to the early, newly established churches
- Ephesus was an ancient Greek city on the western shore of Asia Minor in what is now Turkey
- Who was Timothy? Timothy was was a first century Christian bishop of Ephesus who died about AD 80. The New Testament indicates that Timothy traveled with Saint Paul, who was also his mentor.
- Paul write this Epistle to Timothy, being then bishop of Ephesus, to instruct him in the duties of a bishop
- Paul wrote that he ought to be well informed of the good morals of those on whom he was to impose hands: Impose not hands lightly upon any man.
- He tells him also how he should behave towards his clergy.
- The Epistle was written about 33 years after the Ascension; but where it was written is uncertain: the more general opinion is, that it was in Macedonia.
Use this short summary information for an on line Bible study course or biblical studies. This overview, or summary, is also very useful for Sunday School lessons and Bible Study at home.
The following verses from the Book of 2 Timothy prompts the most interest from readers of Online Bibles and possibly of interest to people who are taking an on line Bible Study course or undertaking general Biblical studies or Bible study at home:
The above links provide instant access to the verses of particular interest from the Book of 2 Timothy. We hope that these references prove helpful to readers of the Bible and those who are taking an on line Bible Study course or undertaking Bible study at home.
The Book of 2 Timothy
We hope that you find the complete content of the 2 Timothy helpful to your Bible studies and for references which allow you to read the books and individual verses of the Book of 2 Timothy. The Book of 2 Timothy offers free, online access to study passages, for Biblical studies, contained in the words, text and verses of the scripture.
Personal Bibles for Biblical Studies
Online Bibles are an excellent resource, especially for online Bible study courses, but everyone appreciates their own Personal Bibles for Biblical Studies. There are numerous Bibles for sale and if you are looking to buy Bibles as gifts, or for taking Bible study courses, there are many to choose from including Childrens Bibles, NIV Bibles, KJV Bibles, NKJV Bibles and new King James Bibles. There are even large print Bibles and Family Bibles including some beautiful Children's Bibles.
Click one of the following links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of 2 Timothy: