This section contains the complete content of the Book of Jeremiah with numbers, chapters and text of individual verses from the King James Bible Online (KJV). Free, online access to study passages and verses contained in the chapters and verses of the Book of Jeremiah for Bible Study or Sunday School lessons. Click the links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of Jeremiah:
The Book of Jeremiah
King James Bible Online (KJV)
Chapters and Verses
Jeremiah: Chapter 1 >>>
Summary of the Book of Jeremiah - The King James Bible Online (KJV)
The content of the Book of Jeremiah according to the King James Bible Online (KJV) contains a short overview of the main subjects, people, events and ancient topics in the following summary of this Book in the Holy Bible:
- Jeremiah is book number 24 in the Old Testament of the Bible. It contains 52 chapters.
- Jeremiah was a priest, a native of Anathoth from the tribe of Benjamin
- He was called to the prophetic office when he was very young. This was about seventy years after the death of Isaiah
- He exercised it for about 40 years with great faithfulness, until the sins of the Jewish nation came to their full measure and destruction followed.
- The content summary of the the Book of Jeremiah are as follows:
- Reproofs of the sins of the Jews, consisting of seven sections: Chapters 2, 3-6, 7-10, 11-13, 14-17:18 Chapters17:19, Chapter 20, Chapters 21-24. III
- A general review of all nations, in two sections: Chapters 46-49 and 25
- An historical appendix of three sections: Chapters 26, 27,28, 29. IV.
- Two sections picturing the hopes of better times: Chapters 30, 31, 32 and 33
- An historical appendix in three sections: Chapters 34:1-7, 34:8-22 and 35
- The conclusion, in two sections: Chapters 36 and 45
- The content summary of the the Book of Jeremiah are as follows: Jeremiah - the Mournful Prophet
- Reproofs of the sins of the Jews
- Jeremiah warns that Babylon that would destroy Jerusalem
- He urges Jerusalem to turn from its sinful ways and the words of false prophets
- The Israelites are carried away to Babylon
- Jeremiah predicts that the captives will return after seventy years to rebuild Jerusalem and the Temple
- The Prophesies of Jeremiah:
Use this short summary information for an on line Bible study course or biblical studies. This overview, or summary, is also very useful for Sunday School lessons and Bible Study at home.
The following verses from the Book of Jeremiah prompts the most interest from readers of Online Bibles and possibly of interest to people who are taking an on line Bible Study course or undertaking general Biblical studies or Bible study at home:
The above links provide instant access to the verses of particular interest from the Book of Jeremiah. We hope that these references prove helpful to readers of the Bible and those who are taking an on line Bible Study course or undertaking Bible study at home.
The Book of Jeremiah
We hope that you find the complete content of the Jeremiah helpful to your Bible studies and for references which allow you to read the books and individual verses of the Book of Jeremiah. The Book of Jeremiah offers free, online access to study passages, for Biblical studies, contained in the words, text and verses of the scripture.
Personal Bibles for Biblical Studies
Online Bibles are an excellent resource, especially for online Bible study courses, but everyone appreciates their own Personal Bibles for Biblical Studies. There are numerous Bibles for sale and if you are looking to buy Bibles as gifts, or for taking Bible study courses, there are many to choose from including Childrens Bibles, NIV Bibles, KJV Bibles, NKJV Bibles and new King James Bibles. There are even large print Bibles and Family Bibles including some beautiful Children's Bibles.
Click one of the following links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of Jeremiah: